Anyone know the max size for a thumbnail image for the Shiphero app?

Hello,

Anyone know the max size for a thumbnail image to be visible for the ShipHero mobile app submitted through the API? We have recently ran into an issue when none of our images are appearing in the thumbnail anymore. I have submitted a ticket for this, but they haven’t given an answer for two weeks.

Thanks,

Edward

Hello @ed_antiquecandle!

Can you share with me the ticket number?

Have a nice day!
TomasFD

Ticket number: 35592

Hey Tomas,

I got a response that thumbnails are best at 200x200, but we have never sent that size via the api and it has always shown on the shiphero app. Has something changed in the conversion process when a picture is uploaded via the API? I figured it would just dynamically change whatever size the image is to fit in the thumbnail, but now we just get the missing image picture on the thumbnail.

Thanks,

Edward

Hey @ed_antiquecandle!

Correct, it’s the best, not the max. That is the minimum size for it not to pixelate.

Nothing has changed. I will sync with the agents addressing the ticket to see what they have found so far and work it out with them on a single front.

Kind regards,
TomasFD

@tomasfd

Can you check the id: 630e30802768dfb94175013b

This issue has been impacting us for quite a while. It doesn’t seem to be related to image size or type as I have uploaded a two 100kb images in both PNG and JPEG formats and it is still not appearing as a thumbnail. When I use the admin to upload images it works, but when I use the API it doesn’t set the thumbnail (I am using position 0). I understand that you want to keep it in one ticket, but we haven’t received a solution there and I believe it is something to do with the API method of updating images.

Can you please take a look at this?

Thanks,

Edward

Hey @ed_antiquecandle,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ll start investigating this matter and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thank you for your patience!

Best,
RayanP

Hey @ed_antiquecandle,

I believe this is an issue that will need to be escalated to our Engineering Team to fix. I’ll go ahead and do that now. I’ll continue looking into this to see if I can maybe offer a work around in the meantime.

Thank you so much for your continued patience!
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP