How to Update Product Through GraphQL APL

Hi @shaunKD
This change is currently under review, it should be available in the next few days.
I will let you know as soon as it’s available.
Thanks again for the patience!
Tom

Hi @tomasw,
You mentioned this would be done in a couple of days 9 days ago. The client is going live early next week and we need to complete the integration which can’t be done until Shiphero fixes the API. We need definite ETA and preferably be done by the EOW.
Thank you

Hi @veraioele I apologize for that.
We had a couple of issues while working on this that made us had to re-make the changes.
This is currently under review and testing, will be available soon.
And again I apologize for the delay in implementing this, for now, the final sale and Images will have to be changed on the app and not via Public API, but we will have those shortly.
Thanks again for the patience
Tom

Hi Tom,

The Already available (On the Update Product mutation):
custom description
Vendor
vendor price

are available but in fragment ProductMutationOutput and I am not sure how to use this to update the product with “custom description”, “Vendor” and “vendor price”

Can you please share an example how to update the product with “custom description”, “Vendor” and “vendor price”.

Thanks

Thanks
Mangesh

Hi @Mangesh
the mutation should be something like this:

mutation{
  product_update(data: {
    sku:"1122335050"
    customs_description:"some description"
    vendors: {
      vendor_id:"VmVuZG9yOjMxOTcxOA=="
      vendor_sku:"1122335050"
      price:"80.00"
    }
  }){
    request_id
    complexity
  }
} 

Let me know if it’s not working for you.
Thanks again!
Tom

Hi @Mangesh!
The remaining field just landed on production:

• final_sale

Should now be available on the product_update Mutation
Thanks again for the patience while we added those fields!
Tom

Hi Tomas,

Image is not being properly created on the product via API. It has to be set as thumbnail however this is not in the API logic.
When we export items we don’t see the images, because they are not set as thumbnail. Please provide a logic to update the images to set them as thumbnails.
Thank you

Hi @veraioele!
I believe that might not be Public API related, but just to be sure, are these the steps you are following:

1. You are successfully editing orders image using the Mutation.
  2. Seeing the image at the product detail page

But you need it to be set as a thumbnail as well because it is not downloading with the app at https://app.shiphero.com/dashboard/products/bulk-manage in the CSV file.

In that case, you are correct, the Mutation is not meant to set the Images as thumbnails, for that purpose you will need to click on the Pin on the product detail page

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.34.01

That is the only way of setting the image as the thumbnail, the mutation will only add the image to the product, the same as what happens when it gets sent from a store.

Let me know if that doesn’t help or I could explain better.
Thanks again!
Tom

Hello,
Hello, the issues is not the image on the order, but the image on the actual product page. We need the images to be set as thumbnails so we can export them into csv later.
We can’t have our client go back and click the pin for hundreds of skus…
When image is imported from Shopify it gets set se thumbnail. There should be something on the API to allow the image to be set an a thumbnail. This creates big mess in our operations and we cant export the images.

Hi @veraioele!
I understand that. I could make a feature request for that if you need it.
I don’t know how easy would be to do that and if its going to be possible at the moment, but I can try and log the request if you need it, because it is not currently possible to be set as thumbnail, only to be added as an image.
Thanks again!
Tom

Hi Tomas, please create feature request.
Thank you

Tomas, is there a way to export product images that are not set as thumbnails?

Thanks @veraioele!
I just submitted the request for this.
You could use the products query for that, for example:

query{
  products{
    request_id
    complexity
    data(first: 1000) {
      edges {
        node {
          id
          images {
            src
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Is there a way to export non-thumbnail images via Shiphero interfaice (not API)?

Not on the UI @veraioele the export at https://app.shiphero.com/dashboard/products/bulk-manage will only work for thumbnails I believe

Hi @tomasw , did you create feature request for the API image thumbnail? We need to get this fixed please.

Hi @veraioele!
Yes I did, it is not a fix but a Feature Request :slightly_smiling_face:
I will raise the priority of the request and let you know as soon as I get a response about it.
Thanks again for the patience with this!
Tom

hi @tomasw, do you have any updates on the thumbnail API?

Hi @veraioele!
I apologize for my delayed response. It has been approved and the idea would be that when you send it with position: 1 it will automatically be set as the thumbnail.
However, this has not been implemented yet, and do not have an ETA at the moment.
Thanks again for the patience and I will let you know as soon as I have an update about it
Tom

Hi @tomasw. Thank you and glad it was approved. We hope it will be implemented soon. Please keep me posted.