Can't update vendors on product_update

Hi

We can’t update vendors on product_update anymore.

Will you please check this call:

Request:
{ "sku": "8615704", "name": "Lulabi BOTTLE INOX LULABI BLUE 0,45", "barcode": "8003512746383", "customs_description": "Lulabi BOTTLE INOX LULABI BLUE 045", "tariff_code": 96170000, "country_of_manufacture": "China", "vendors": [ { "vendor_id": "VmVuZG9yOjE1MTQ2NA==", "vendor_sku": "8615704", "price": "30.77" } ] }

Response:
{ "product_update": { "request_id": "60a23170682699a8a1c11460", "complexity": 10 } }

I’ve also tested via Altair GraphQL Client with this mutation:
mutation {
product_update(
data: {
sku: “8615704”
vendors: [
{
vendor_id: “VmVuZG9yOjM5NTUzMg==”
vendor_sku: “8615704”
price: “30.77”
}
]
}
) {
request_id
complexity
product {
id
vendors {
vendor_id
vendor_sku
price
}
}
}
}

Response
{
“data”: {
“product_update”: {
“request_id”: “60a230aac23f860c1d354a39”,
“complexity”: 10,
“product”: {
“id”: “UHJvZHVjdEluZm86MjgwNDk0MjIx”,
“vendors”: []
}
}
}
}

Will you please check ASAP what is wrong?

Best regards
Benjamin

Hi Webtimisten,
Hope your week is getting off to a good start!

I think what you may be looking for is the vendor_add_product mutation example on this page of our documents: Examples-mutation – Developer Resources | ShipHero

mutation {
vendor_add_product(
data: { vendor_id: “VmVuZG9yOjM5NTUzMg==”, sku: “8615704” }
) {
request_id
complexity
}
}

1 Like

But in a ShipHero world where credits are limited, and the documentation shows is should be possible AND it has in fact been working earlier - I can’t see why we should use time to change anything in our code.

Hi @Webtimisten!
I believe what @Theresa is trying to say is that you cannot edit the vendor because it is not yet assigned to the product.
To be able to edit the vendor information you first need to add the product to the vendor (using the Mutation Theresa posted), then edit if necessary.
We don’t support adding a new vendor upon editing a product.
Thanks again for the patience!
Tom