Get information about products in transit

Hey there

We are currently experiencing an issue with our general stock information when working with the API. Via the products query, I get all information about how many items of each product are available in which warehouse. We discovered however, that certain amounts can be in transit between warehouses. In that case, these items don’t show up in the API response and so kind of vanish from our stock information.
In the App there is a column for items in transit, can I get that same information in the API somehow?

Hey @Dev,

Thanks for reaching out!

Currently there is no way to grab the “in-transit” information via the Public API. I can go ahead and share that feedback with the team if you’d like.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

Hey RayanP

Thanks for answering so quickly. If there is any chance your team could implement that somehow in the products query, we would be very happy to use it. And probably that info might be helpful for other API users as well.

Best

Jakob

1 Like

Hey @Dev,

Sure thing! I’ve gone ahead and passed along this feedback with your reasoning.
I’ll update you here as soon as there are any updates to share.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist in the meantime.

Best,
RayanP

Thanks a lot. I am looking forward to an answer if there is a chance to get that done.

Best
Jakob

1 Like

Hey @sh-agent

Just wanted to check back if there is any chance the API team will look into this at some point?

Best
Jakob

Hey @Dev,

Thanks for hanging in there!
I’ve passed your feedback along to the team, but I have no updates to share at the moment.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

Hey @sh-agent
We are still having issues since our stock info “loses” items, whenever they are in transit from warehouse to warehouse. I tried again to find any means to get that information from the API, but I can’t find anything on that.

Since you do have that information in the sfapp, I think it either can already be obtained via API and I just couldn’t find out how, or it should be an absolute no-brainer to add it to GraphQL. Could you again please either let me know how to get that info or ask to add the info somewhere?

For any customer using the API to get info about stock, this is a blocker at the moment, and the info is definitely there somewhere:
Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 09.33.51

I really hope this can get solved somehow.

Best
Jakob

1 Like

Hey @Dev,

Thanks for adding more insight on this issue.

I don’t believe there’s a way to grab this information via our Public API. I will update the feedback that is shared for this issue so our team is more aware of how this impacts you.

Best,
RayanP

1 Like