Create and print shipping label for orders

Hi Team,

Once I create my orders through GraphQL APIs, How can we create and print the shipping labels for them in ShipHero App. It would be better if you suggest some examples or links regarding this issue along with some screenshots if possible.

Thank You
Darshan

Hi,

To add more to this, we’re using a test 3PL account to test our APIs integration. Is it beacuse of test account ?

Hi @darshan!
You should be able to ship the order by going into the app → https://shipping.shiphero.com/orders/
Selecting the order, packing the items, setting the package dimensions, and the click on the Print Label button
Test account should work like the rest of the regular accounts :slightly_smiling_face:
Let me know if that doesn’t help
Thanks!
Tom

Hi @tomasw

While Creating an order via API, can we send some reference numbers for the shipping label? So When the label gets to print, the reference number also get included in the Shipping Label

Hi @tomasw

Just checking if you’ve any updates?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @darshan!
No, unfortunately, the only fields included on the label are the ones referenced to the From and To address and the order number on the Shipping Label
Thanks again!
Tom

is there any plan to implement ability to include reference numbers on labels? nearly all other shipping software providers have this facility. tia

Hi, I am new to this so I’m asking here if is there any way that I can ship orders and generate labels with API and get the label URL or URL encoded value anything is fine I just want to ship orders and create labels for orders with the API.

We have to resort to using a 3rd party to make labels with custom reference numbers. Refer to Webhooks – Developer Resources | ShipHero

Create webhook, set shipping method to the webhook, process webhook, return the shipping label and tracking to ShipHero.

1 Like

Hey @Jenish,

There is no way to trigger an order to get shipped/fulfilled from the API, with whatever carrier/method it has configured. That is a manual process that needs to be done in the UI.

As @sdwelrn kindly shared (Thank you for jumping in!) we can set up a webhook to an endpoint you have tied to a shipping method in the UI. When someone uses that method to ship an order, we will trigger the webhook. We expect the label returned as the response. So in this case you will have to provide the label.

If you can have the label beforehand, you can also see the order as fulfilled from the API and create a shipment from it. Here the flow explained: Order Fulfillment – Developer Resources | ShipHero

Hope any of these methods accommodates your needs.

Have a nice day!
TomasFD