Create order return with inventory to locations

Hi!
I am trying to create the return for orders via the API. create return mutation is working fine but i have an issue that i cant make it to return the inventory back to the system at the specified bins.
For example we have location (bin) and we want the return for specific item in the order created for that specific bin. Could not find a way to achieve this via API. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Hello @saif_storage,

You could add inventory to a bin using the API. However, returns cannot be updated from the API, so you wouldn’t be able to tell how much was received. The best way to process returns after creation is in our UI.

Have a nice day!

Hello,
Could you send me the link please to Change the inventory?
Also it would be great to know if we can increase the inventory by some numbers like adding 5 to the current available inventory… is this possible?

Hello @saif_storage! I checked your account and see you have Dynamic Slottin activated. Here are examples of how to manage inventory when having Dynamic Slotting: Inventory-DS – Developer Resources | ShipHero

You can also find those mutations in our schema for more details: Schema – Developer Resources | ShipHero

As a 3PL, you must also pass the customer_account_id in your calls.

Have a nice day!

Hello we are getting this error while we changing the inventory with location id:
Errors: Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[message] => Cannot access the requested location. Permission denied
[operation] => inventory_add
[field] => inventory_add
[request_id] => 6682a604edebfe01ae1cffdc
[code] => 9
)

)

Hello @saif_storage. The mutation is failing because you are using the warehouse_id from the example in our docs, which points to one of our test accounts.

You can pull you account’s warehouses using a query like this one:

query {
  account(analyze: false) {
    request_id
    data {
      legacy_id
      id
      warehouses {
        id
        legacy_id
        identifier
        address{
          name
          country
          state
          city
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Have a nice day!

Hello we are using correct warehouse_id, account_id and location_id but still we are getting the same error. please check this request:

(
[message] => Cannot access the requested location. Permission denied
[operation] => inventory_add
[field] => inventory_add
[request_id] => 66851dd4040ed25ebf8fd7fe
[code] => 9
)

Hello @saif_storage, I see now that the customer_account_id passed is the 3PL, and the SKU you are attempting to modify was also created at the 3PL level instead of the child. Please make sure you create SKUs associated with child accounts. Then when moving the inventory you should keep using the token from the 3PL, but pass the customer_account_id where the product was created.
Have a great day!

Hello @tomasfd
I wanted to understand its working. Because the product I am trying to create is the same account whose token we are using. the account_id in the product details is the same as account_id we are passing. Its bit confusing. Can you help with this please?
Thanks and regards

Hello @saif_storage. I meant that the product was not created in the right place. 3PLs should not own products; they store and ship products on behalf of the child accounts they have connected. If you are using a 3PL token, you need to create the product using the customer_account_id of the child the product needs to be associated with. Then, you would operate, move inventory, or update the details of products using the corresponding customer_account_id.
Have a great day!