Error updating order holds using 3PL

Hi there!

I found an error in Shiphero API when trying to update order holds via public API, using 3PL. For some reason, when updating the order holds through the parent account, all works correctly. But when using a child account (i.e. passing the customer_account_id in the request body), it throws an error and the holds are not updated. See screenshots:

1. With 3PL account it works:

2. With child account it doesn’t (request id 6349a5b9d4c23ec2781b27b0):

In the worst case I could just send these requests without passing the customer_account_id, but I think this is not the best idea, because all of the other requests that we make, are passing this value.

Hey @marioreinike,

Thanks for reaching out!
I’ll look into this and get back to you as soon as I can.

Best,
RayanP

Hey @marioreinike,

I think you’re spot on. I haven’t been able to find out why the customer_account_id field is making that throw the unexpected error so I’m going to escalate this to our Engineering Team.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP

Thanks @sh-agent !

Everything is ok for now, but please let me know when the fix is pushed, so I can update the request to the original one.

Hey I was wondering, is this the best channel to report this kind of issues (like for bugs and stuff)? Or it would be better to contact you directly through support@shiphero.com ?

Hey @marioreinike,

I’ll make sure to update you when the fix is pushed!

I also believe this is the best channel for reporting API bugs because it’s public and could serve as a heads-up to other developers. That being said, if it’s an issue where privacy is critical or if you prefer submitting a ticket, you can contact us through support@shiphero.com, and I’ll address the issue through that channel.

Thanks for being patient and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

1 Like