Errors updating products

Hi! We are having problems updating some products. We were making a bulk update for many products, and some requests were failing.

The strange part is that in the response body we are receiving the error message: “Unexpected Error”. I would like to see what was the cause of this errors if it is possible.

For example, you could see this request id: 6345881eb5ed155c174dec4e

Hey @marioreinike,

Thanks for reaching out!
Looking into this now, I’ll have an update shortly.

Best,
RayanP

Hey @marioreinike,

Thanks for hanging in there!

I’m going to have to escalate this issue to our Engineering Team, for a fix and to find out what is causing this error. Could you try running that mutation without the 4th Warehouse:“V2FyZWhvdXNlOjg1OTg3”, and let me know if that works?

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

Thanks @Rayanp ,

I will try to replicate the error without that warehouse. If this helps, I believe that this error is showing up when trying to make the same mutation more than once, so, a the second time, nothing has changed, and I believe something is going on there that throws the error.

Hi @Rayanp ,

Please let me know if you can solve this error. The problem is that our users are modifying some products, but there are some fields that we use which are not sent to Shiphero. So, if only one of them is changed, then the Request to update the product in Shiphero is sent, but there is no change.

The expected behaviour is, of course, that the API responds with no errors, but as it is failing, the update operation from our part also fails.

I will stay tuned. Best regards,

Mario

Another example (request id 6346d4585288e28503d2bc8f):

[
  {
    message: 'Unexpected Error',
    operation: 'product_update',
    field: 'product_update',
    request_id: '6346d4585288e28503d2bc8f',
    code: 22
  }
]
1 Like

@Rayanp I tried to do what you asked, replicate one mutation but removing one warehouse. The error got worse, it didn’t even give me a request id, and the response body was the following:

{"message": "Unexpected error. Please contact a system administrator."}

Nono sorry, my bad :slight_smile: , the GraphQL variables were wrong. Now the response body was like the first request, it gives me Unexpected Error (6346d902c8f7707418ecc2d7)

Also, something that is strange is that I’m making 5 mutations in one request (1 for product_update, and 4 for each warehouse product), but the only one that is failing is the product_update request.

@Rayanp I was wrong when I told you that the request fails when I try to update a product with the same fields.

Now, some fields were changed, like isKit (some users are trying to use Kits), but it can’t be updated:

[
  {
    message: 'Unexpected Error',
    operation: 'product_update',
    field: 'product_update',
    request_id: '6346e0e476ec9a0c7f733590',
    code: 22
  }
]

Please, none of the update requests that we are trying to make are working. We need this to be fixed or at least understand the error.

Hey @marioreinike,

Thanks for the additional info and the tests. I’ll add this to the Engineering Ticket and update you as soon as I can.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

@Rayanp Found the error haha. You won’t believe, it is the packer note again.

Anytime a product is updated, we fill the request with all the necessary fields.

If a product doesn’t have a packer note, we set that value to null. For first instance, if the value is null, it works correctly. But for the second time it gives me that error.

Besides that error, I encountered that all of the other fields of the product, like the Name, are updated correctly, despite the response gives the error.

I will make a workaround to make the requests work, but it is something to look at by the Engineering Team.

1 Like