Getting the warehouse location name/bin on product query

We still need a way to get the location name/bin when querying a product.

As of now we can only get the location_id, but we can’t even make a query to lookup the location name by its location_id.

We need to be able to do something like this:

query {
  product (sku: "LG-10087") {
    data {
      sku
      warehouse_products {
        available
        locations{
          edges {
            node {
              id
              location_id
              quantity
              name
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

I was possible with the old API, and we still need this with the new API.

We have been promised a solution for over a month now, but it’s still not possible.

Hi @Webtimisten!
We are about to deploy a new Query for this, which will allow you to Query for a location using the location_id something like this:

query {
  location(id: "QmluOjIyWDMwNDY=") {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      legacy_id
      name
      warehouse_id
      type {
        name
      }
    }
  }
}

I also requested for the name to be included on the other query, something like this:

query {
  product(sku:"100442016032iii") {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      warehouse_products {
        locations {
          edges {
            node {
              id
              legacy_id
              account_id
              warehouse_id
              location_id
              type {
                name
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

So there is no need to do a second query. However, this second request still needs to get approved and it might take some time until it is implemented.

I apologize for the delay on this implementation, I will let you know as soon as the first Query lands on production.
Thanks again for the patience while we work on this!
Tom

Hi Tom

Thank you, but we were promised a solution for more than 20 days ago, and it still doesn’t work. It worked in the old API, and it should have been implemented in the new API even before you closed the old.

We have been promised updates on the implementation, but we still have no idea of when we have the feature again.

Can we please get a date for when it will be possible?

Hi @Webtimisten!
I apologize for the delayed implementation of this.
It should be available now (the location query)
Thanks again!
Tom

Thanks, but the problem is, that a product can sometimes have 10 locations, and we need the name in order to pick the correct destination via API. That means we’ll have to query location 10 times in order to get their names - and with the credit ceiling, that’s not a good option.

We need the location name/bin back on the product, so we can get all locations and their quantities and names in one query.

Hi @Webtimisten, absolutely!
I apologize for the confusion. We do have a pending ticket for that to be added, and it will be added.
In the meantime, this is part of a temporary workaround.
Thanks again for the patience and I will let you know as soon as this is available
Tom

When can we expect to have the feature?

Hi @Webtimisten!
I apologize for my delayed response to this.
Unfortunately, I don’t have an ETA for this right now, it is pending and currently not assigned to be worked on so I wouldn’t expect this to be available soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience and I will try to push for this.
I will update as soon as I have any update
Tom

Hello, Im new to the forums, and this is my first post. We are a customer and I would second this item that needs to be produced. I too would like to see more with locations. A competitor of yours has this neat feature called “control” It would be an amazing feature on your system, and thats what I would like to reproduce if you didn’t. But basically you can scan anything, and it will list anything it finds in the system. So if you scan the location, it pulls up what should be in that location. you scan a tote, it pulls up anything that should be in that tote, you scan a product, it pulls up the locations on the product and if there are any in a tote. I realize this topic probably should be in a feature update area, but I figure its also related to locations if I could attempt to reproduce it.

Hi @JustinAnchored!
Thanks for posting on our forum

This is available on our Mobile app currently, under ProductsSearch by locations and then scan the location barcode

Also available on the Mobile app by ProductsSearch by products and scan the barcode.
We don’t display if it is currently on a tote though but:

There is a page ( https://app.shiphero.com/dashboard/totes ) that allows you to see everything inside a Tote on the Current Tote Data section

Let me know if this doesn’t work for you or there is anything we could work on.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Yes, Thank you for the information, I am fully aware of how to get the information. The biggest plus of the “Control” feature, is not having to go to 3 different areas to get the info. One area, and it recognizes what you scanned, and gives you the information your looking for. Your system is meant to be automated, and fast. Trust me, I feel like a turtle when I am searching things.

This does not mean I am un-appreciative of what is available, I am just mentioning items that would set the bar so high, that other companies would have a hard time to compete.

Even when I am going though my locations, I would love to not have to click back. I would love to scan the location, see what I want to see, and then scan again instead of scan, look, and click back, and scan again. I know its not much of a step, but every second counts.

I hope Kevin at Shiphero makes an appearance, I believe he is in my area.