How to detect Order Reshipped

Is it possible to determine if an order was reshipped using the API?

Hey @bbarrett,

Thanks for hanging in there!

You can query an order’s history, which will have the line “Order Reshipped.” if the order has been reshipped:

{
  order(id: "string") {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      id
      legacy_id
      order_number
      fulfillment_status
      order_history {
        information
      }
    }
  }
}

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP

Thanks! Further to this… I am actually trying to distinguish between Shipments that were reshipped vs shipped for the first time. Is there a way to detect which order shipments are associated with the reship?

Hey @bbarrett,

I’ll double check with the team, but at the moment I’m unable to find a way to distinguish between the initial and reshipped shipments.

I’ll get back to you shortly.

Best,
RayanP

Thanks. I look forward to the answer. If we cannot distinguish reshipped shipments how exactly can you iterate through the order Shipments and accurately determine the shipped quantities?

For example see order: T3JkZXI6MzQ1OTg3NTk1

I dont see any way to iterate these Order.Shipments and accurately calculate the actual quantities shipped for each line item.

Our warehouse team confirms they shipped the exact quantities ordered. But because they re-shipped it a few times there are extra shipments and its now seemingly impossible to detect which of these shipments account for the actual quantities that left the warehouse. Can you provide any advice on how to iterate the shipments and arrive at the actual quantities shipped on this order?

Hey @bbarrett,

We’re still working on this one, I’ll have an update for you shortly here.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

Hi RayanP. Has there been any progress on this?

Hey @bbarrett,

Apologies for the delay here. We’re still working on this one.
I’ll update you as soon as I can regarding this.

Best,
RayanP

Any progress on this?

Hey @bbarrett,

Thanks for hanging in there, I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately we weren’t able to find a way to discern the actual quantity of the shipments. I’ve gone ahead and pushed this feedback along the proper course, and will update you as it progresses.

Thank you again for your patience!

Best,
RayanP

Thanks. I look forward to any improvements that will allow us to consistently and accurately determine the actual shipped quantities on orders with re-shipments.

1 Like