Inventory Changes query

Hello!

To call the inventory_changes query via the API, a sku is currently required. Would it be possible to change this so that we could supply a location_id instead of a sku, and therefore get the full history of a specific location? This would help us a lot with researching possible warehousing issues across multiple items that lived in a given location over time.

Or maybe there’s already a way to do this via the API that I’m not aware of? I’d be happy to hear about it if there is.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,
Unfortunately, we don’t have a way to do that yet, but I just submitted a feature request for that to be added. I will let you know as soon as we have it available.
Please let me know if there’s anything else we can help you with,
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Jeremy! This is just an update to let you know that your feature request is available now.
You should be able to query the inventory_changes using location_id or location_name :+1:
Please let me know if there’s anything else we can help you with.
Thanks!
Tom W

1 Like

Hi @tomasw,

Thanks for the update! I just tried it out, and I can’t get it to work with just a location_name. It’s still requiring that I submit a sku in addition to the location_name.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi @jeremyw!
I apologize for the confusion, are you using a Static Slotting account?

( this feature is only available for Dynamic Slotting accounts because for SS we don’t track changes by location, we use SKUs )

I’m not sure, @tomasw. How can I find out? I’m not the account owner. I’ve just been tasked with trying to get these things out of the system.

Sure Jeremy! you could try something like this:

{
account {
request_id
complexity
data {
id
dynamic_slotting
}
}
}

If the query returns:

• "dynamic_slotting": false, then the account is Static Slotting
  • "dynamic_slotting": true, the account is Dynamic Slotting

(If you need some background on what DS and SS means there’s a brief explanation here)

Ah, then it looks like we’re using static currently. Reading the explanations, I’m not sure why we’re setup that way as our process looks to be leaning more towards what dynamic would be used for, but that’s something for me to check out with our warehouse manager on my side. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi,

We use static for the majority of our warehouses. Is it possible to not require an argument specified here?

We can specify the date_from to keep complexity low, but would need all changes to the inventory change log.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Devin_Mabra,
I submitted you request to the team so we can analyze if its possible to change that.
The main reason we require those arguments is to limit the complexity the query might have, but using date_from / date_to might be an alternative as well.
Thanks for contributing!, I will let you know as soon as I have an answer on this.

Tom

1 Like

@Devin_Mabra You should be able to filter only by date ranges now, without the need to specify a sku or location,

2 Likes