Po_number from purchase_order_create is ignored

Hello,

We are using purchase_order_create mutation for ShipHero Fulfillment account. For some reason po_number in the request is ignored, and new po_number is always generated. It seems it used to work in the past, but something has changed recently. Is there an option to not generate new po_number in ShipHero and use po_number from the request?

Example request (po_number is ‘29’):
mutation {purchase_order_create (data:{po_date:“2022-04-29”,po_number:“29”,warehouse_id:“V2FyZWhvdXNlOjYxNTE2”,vendor_id:“VmVuZG9yOjQwODgwNQ==”,fulfillment_status:“draft”,line_items: [{sku:“SKUTEST”,quantity:5,price:“1”,expected_weight_in_lbs:“0”}],subtotal:“5”,shipping_price:“0”,total_price:“5”}) {request_id complexity purchase_order{id legacy_id po_number fulfillment_status}}}

Example response (po_number was changed to ‘SP1029413’)
{“data”:{“purchase_order_create”:{“request_id”:“62593aa01141601ac05921e9”,“complexity”:10,“purchase_order”:{“id”:“UHVyY2hhc2VPcmRlcjoxMDI5NDEz”,“legacy_id”:1029413,“po_number”:“SP1029413”,“fulfillment_status”:“draft”}}}}

Thank you

Hello @sb2020!

I will need to dig a bit deeper into this. I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hello @sb2020!

For ShipHero Fulfillment, instead of purchase_order_create, could you use shipping_plan_create mutation?

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hello,

• does shipping_plan_create create allow to set po_number?
  • we are using purchase_order_create mutation to create ‘draft’ shipping plan in SHF, so that user can add packing configuration directly from SHF. shipping_plan_create does not allow to create draft shipping plans

@tomasw Any update on this?

Hello @sb2020,

Apologies for the late answer.

When creating POs or Shipping Plans, the po_number gets updated to SP+legacy_id for that PO/SP. You can set a vendor po number using shipping plan. This a another column by which you can order your POs in the UI

I will have to create a Feature Request for you second point.

Have a great day!
TomasFD