Reformatting query into JSON

Hey! I’m somewhat new to ShipHero’s API and we’re using a new tool with it. The issue is that I can’t for the life of me get the dates formatted correctly as JSON. I can make this query work without dates, etc but am hoping to get it working with dates. Ideally with variables as the dates so I can change them as needed easier. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

{
“query”: "query { shipments(date_from: “2022-07-01"date_to: “2022-07-03”) { request_id complexity data { edges { node { id order_id legacy_id profile order { order_number account_id fulfillment_status shop_name shipping_lines { title carrier method price } } shipping_labels { id legacy_id shipment_line_items(first: 10) { edges { node { line_item_id line_item { sku quantity } } } } account_id box_name status tracking_number order_number order_id order_account_id shipping_name carrier shipping_method cost profile created_date dimensions { weight height length width } address { city state country } } } } } }}”
}

I have to run the request as JSON with the tool we’re using and we’ve made plenty of other queries work, this is the one we’re stuck on.

Thanks!

Hey @barrettshepherd,

I’m going to look into this and get back to you with an update.
Thanks for your patience!

Best,
RayanP

Hey @barrettshepherd,

I noticed that you’re using a different type of quotation marks in your query.
Could you try replacing the date line with shipments(date_from: "2022-07-01", date_to: "2022-07-03") instead?

For reference here’s what the full query would look like:

query {
  shipments(date_from: "2022-07-01", date_to: "2022-07-03") {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      edges {
        node {
          id
          order_id
          legacy_id
          order {
            order_number
            account_id
            fulfillment_status
            shop_name
            shipping_lines {
              title
              carrier
              method
              price
            }
          }
          shipping_labels {
            id
            legacy_id
            shipment_line_items(first: 10) {
              edges {
                node {
                  line_item_id
                  line_item {
                    sku
                    quantity
                  }
                }
              }
            }
            account_id
            status
            tracking_number
            order_number
            order_id
            order_account_id
            shipping_name
            carrier
            shipping_method
            cost
            created_date
            dimensions {
              weight
              height
              length
              width
            }
            address {
              city
              state
              country
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP

Hey,

I’ll try that. The query you posted isn’t JSON formatted, which is the issue I’m up against. Any tips on making it work in that format?

Hey @barrettshepherd,

I believe this should be in proper JSON format:

{"query": "query { shipments(date_from: \"2022-07-01\", date_to: \"2022-07-03\") { request_id complexity data { edges { node { id order_id legacy_id profile order { order_number account_id fulfillment_status shop_name shipping_lines { title carrier method price } } shipping_labels { id legacy_id shipment_line_items(first: 10) { edges { node { line_item_id line_item { sku quantity } } } } account_id box_name status tracking_number order_number order_id order_account_id shipping_name carrier shipping_method cost profile created_date dimensions { weight height length width } address { city state country } } } } } } }"}

As far as tips can go you’re aware of the quotation marks and that they need to be consistent. Also, the " \ " in the quotations are necessary so that the JSON parses them as text and not as start/end for a field.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP