Shipment Update webhook not triggering

Hi,
I’m trying to make the Shipment Update trigger but its not triggering. I was able to get a response from Order Canceled webhook but not from Shipment Update. Can someone help me with that? webhook request_id = 62bcc777188ec51567dfd036 account_id = QWNjb3VudDo2NjU4OA==

Hey @jesse,

Thanks for reaching out.
I’m going to look into this and get back to you shortly with an update.

Best,
RayanP

Hey @sh-agent, any updates on this?

Hey @jesse,

Thanks for hanging in there.
The shipment update webhook is not firing because there have been no actual shipments for any order in your account. From what I can see, the orders that have been fulfilled have all been manually fulfilled.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP

Thanks for the response @sh-agent.
Is there a way to manually test the shipment update webhook?
What I did was set to 0 the pending fulfillment field and the status gets changed to “fulfilled”

Hey @jesse,

We would recommend shipping through the UI using generic labels.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,
RayanP

Can you walk me through that @sh-agent ?
Where do I find those generic labels and how do I use them?

Hey Jesse,

Sure thing!

There are two ways through the UI that you can change the shipping method that I’m aware of.

The first is when creating an order, you can set it through the dropdown menus on the right:

The second way you can achieve this is after the order is created (or if you’re using a preexisting order), you can change the shipping method on the order details page. On the right side of the page, there is a “Shipment Info” box that you can edit and update the carrier and methods as well:

After setting the carrier and methods you can now proceed to ship the order. While on the order details page, clicking on the blue “Ship Order” button will take you to our shipping page with the order already selected:

After packing your items on the shipping page, you can now go ahead and click on “Print Invoice and Labels” at the bottom of the page:
As well as the complete order button that replaces it.

Let me know if anything was unclear or IF there’s anything I can further help with.

Best,
RayanP