Vendor sku for purchase order

Hello,

We are in the process of creating purchase orders based on pdf invoices.
Given we only know the vendor_sku for items that we want in a purchase order what is the best way to look up sku’s of 20+ products to be used in a purchase order creation?

Thank you

Hi @mishawn!
We don’t have the query to filter by vendor_sku, but you could use the following query:

query{
  products{
    request_id
    complexity
    data(first: 100) {
      edges {
        node {
          id
          sku
          vendors {
            vendor_id
            vendor_sku
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

So that way you can see the relationship between a certain SKU —> The vendor ID —> That Vendor’s SKU
Then you could store all those relationships and reference that data to make the conversion

Let me know if that is not what you were looking for.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response, this is similar to what we’ve came up with but this would cause us to have to make way too many queries. Is there a way for us to just return all of the products that are under certain vendors?

Thank you

We don’t have the ability to do that @mishawn but I will make a Feature Request to see if this could be added.

The Request is going to be able to Query for a vendor and all of its products, something like this:

query{
  vendors(id:"QWNjb3VudDo2MzM0"){
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      edges {
        node {
          id
          products {
            edges {
              node {
                id
                sku
                vendor_sku
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
} 

Would something like this work?
Thanks again!
Tom

1 Like

Tom, I think this would reduce a lot of heartache for many not just for us. looking forward to something like this to be implemented. In the mean time I believe we can do a manual export of all the vendors and their products from the UI and constantly update that on a weekly basis for our usecase.

Thank you

Thanks for confirming that! Makes sense, I just posted a feature request with those details.
I will let you know as soon as we have an update about it.
Thanks again!
Tom

@mishawn and @tomasw We definitely could use this!

Adding a +1 on the Feature Request then @originsid
I will confirm once I get a response about this

1 Like