"warehouse_id" Shipment Request Parameters Queries

Hi I am trying to understand the Create Shipment request, but I have got a couple of questions

https://developer.shiphero.com/order-fulfillment/

1). Are the warehouse_id and the dimensions info which I have marked are of the same line item for which I want to create shipment?

2). If the answer is Yes, then it means we can create one line item shipment/request? Is that correct because this request support for multiple line items but in that case which warehouse_id we will be using since each line item can have its own warehouse_id

Please let me know if it is not cleared

Thanks in Advance :slightly_smiling_face:

![2|690x432]

Hi @khungersumit!
It is not exactly for the line item, but for the shipment itself.
The line items you specify in there are the ones that will be included in the shipment.

The dimensions are for the package itself, the package that will have that specific label

Then, each shipment is meant to be made from one warehouse only, you could create different shipments for different warehouses, but each shipment must have a specific warehouse.

Let me know if that doesn’t respond to the question or maybe I could explain better.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi @tomasw

Suppose we have created an order and it has not shipments yet,
and Now I want to create shipment then which wareouse_id would I be using, I mean to say we get warehouse_id in each line items,

Let’s say I have 2 line items
Line Item A => warehouse “A_warehouse_id”
Line Item B => warehouse “B_warehouse_id”

To create Shipment for multiple line items which warehouse_id should I use and for dimensions(The dimensions are for the package itself, the package that will have that specific label)

not getting this clearly, confused here
Please help here
Thanks

no problem at all @khungersumit!
In that case, you would need to create two different shipments with two different packages and two different labels, something like this:

Line Item A => warehouse “A_warehouse_id” => A_Shipment => A_Label & A_Dimensions
Line Item B => warehouse “B_warehouse_id” => B_Shipment => B_Label & B_Dimensions

And as for those warehouse_id’s will be the ones you specify

Let me know if I could explain better
Thanks again!
Tom

Yes Exactly this was my approach, but
Just for curiosity If we take the first case,
Creating shipment of multiple line items in single request, In that case which warehouse_id and dimensions info will you be using :thinking:

Suppose we have 2 line items
Line Item A => A_WAREHOUSE_ID => dimesniosnA {length=1, heigh=1…etc}
Line Item B => B_WAREHOUSE_ID => dimesniosnB {length=2, heigh=2…etc}

Assume this order is fresh new order with no shipments.

Perfect!
In that case it will take the same warehouse_id, label & dimensions for both as a whole
It will be something like: a shipment for a Box containing the two line items, the box would have the dimensions and label specified

@tomasw

Ok but same warehouse_id, label & dimensions for both as a whole, means what, sorry didn’t get this.

“a shipment for a Box containing the two line items, the box would have the dimensions and label specified”

Ok, I agree, but for this BOX containing 2 line items, you must have to specify a warehouse_id correct?
so which warehouse_id would you be taking for the BOX

Sorry If I am asking many quetsions :slightly_smiling_face:

No worries!!
That is correct, it will take the warehouse_id for the Box, the one specified in the screenshot above
That warehouse_id will be for the shipment and all of its components (line items, label)

@tomasw
I agree with all your points.

My question is where to get this warehouse_id which you are saying “it will take the warehouse_id for the Box, the one specified in the screenshot”

If I want to ship multiple line items then which and where to get the warehouse_id for the whole shipment :slight_smile:

Oh I apologize for that!
You can see the warehouse_id by using the account query, something like this:

query {
  account {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      id
      legacy_id
      email
      username
      warehouses {
        id
        legacy_id
        account_id
        identifier
      }
    }
  }
}

That should list all of the warehouses available for your account.
Thanks again!
Tom