Which actions in he warehouse casuse inventory change webhook dispatch

We are using inventory changed webhook for inventory sync between our store and shiphero account but somehow we are still getting the inventory mismatches.
Is there any list of actions which causes the inventory change event to dispatch? Like for example order created in shiphero, shipment generated for some order or bin transfer of items etc.
Also inventory log for an item displays the on hand quantity, how can we see the available quantity in the inventory log?

Hey @saif_storage,

Thanks for reaching out!
Looking into this now, I’ll get back to you shortly.

Best,
RayanP

Hello @sh-agent
Is there any updates for us?
Thanks & Regards

Hey @saif_storage,

Apologies regarding the delay of this response!

The inventory update webhook will trigger anytime the On Hand quantity of a product changes. At the moment the inventory webhook body does not display the available quantity of a product but I can pass along your feedback regarding the addition of that field.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

What are the events that cause change in the inventory? For example if we process a PO will it trigger the inventory change event? If we process any return will it process the inventory change event? Is there any available list of such events that cause the inventory change webhook to trigger?
Thanks & Regards

Hey @saif_storage,

Thanks for hanging in there!

At the moment we don’t keep a list of all the actions that trigger a change in the on-hand quantity, but I’ve made a small list for the moment:

List of actions that change on hand quantity:

Shipping/fulfilling an order
Re-shipping an order
Receiving a PO
Receiving an undamaged return
Updating inventory manually

I’ll confer with the team and add to this if we discover any more triggers.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP