API Carrier - Pricing Problem

Dear Shiphero,

I have an API carrier, I need to upload a rate chart to Shiphero for billing purposes. I know the carrier connection enables Shiphero to pull the rates however I want to upload a rate chart for my API carrier. My API does not pull/provide any rate. I need an urgent solution.

I would appreciate the help.

Best,
Ilay

Hi @ilay!
We don’t currently store rates for API carriers.
The way it works is we subscribe to your URL, and each time a user selects that method we send the label information.
Then the response has to have the cost and label.

We have an example at Webhooks – Developer Resources | ShipHero in case it helps

Let me know if that doesn’t help or I could explain better.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the info. Correct me if I am wrong if API carrier returns a cost, Shiphero captures that and saves it into order info as label cost. When I am doing 3PL billing, Shiphero can generate invoices based on that cost. Am I right?

And also, can we do invoice reconciliation for API carriers at least?

Hi @ilay!

That is correct!

I don’t have a good answer for this, so I apologize. We do have an article about carriers and Billing https://help.shiphero.com/knowledgeBase/11162384
But if that doesn’t help you can reach our team at support@shiphero.com about this (3PL Billing) they will be able to help better with this topic.

Thanks again!
Tom