API for Re-generate Label

Hi

This is with regards to RMA label. I am able to click on the UI to Re-Generate a Label. Is there a API to do the same function based on the RMA number?

I couldn’t find the information anywhere.

Regards
Ryan Lee

Hi @RyanL!
We currently don’t have this functionality on our Public API.
You could generate another return and cancel that one, would that work for you?
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi @tomasw

The purpose here is to use the create return API to generate the RMA number with tracking number and also the PDF to download.

I am able to re-generate it manually in the screen and download the label in PDF format. But I would like to be able to trigger this Re-generate from the API.

Customer Service will create the return notification in our ERP system and it would then create the return in the ShipHero.

Any chance this could be put under the product backlog in future?

Regards
Ryan Lee

Hi @RyanL!
Thanks for confirming that. I just posted a Feature Request to see if this could be included.
I will let you know as soon as I have a response about it.
Thanks again!
Tom

Hi @tomasw

Thanks a millón. i think we will probably go with Shiphero as the leading system for now, though there is lot more work if this is the case for us. Appreciate your help. Go live date is likely Jan 2021 but development work has to start in Nov

Regards
Ryan Lee

Hi @RyanL
I’m glad to hear that!. Unfortunately, the request was turned down for this, as we won’t be able to take this task at the moment.
For this purpose, you will have to use the app, or maybe a workaround that might work for you is:

1. Cancel the old RMA
  2. Generate a new one
    (Let me know if you would like better examples of this)

Thanks again and I apologize for any inconvenience!
Tom