Curl request for GraphQL API key not working

Hi,

Using below curl request to retrive bearer and refresh token, but keep getting incorrect email and password. Obviously removed both in the below example, however I am positive the email and password are correct as they are the same I use to login to the UI. Is this a common issue, and what are steps to resolve?

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{ "username": "email", "password": "password" }' "https://public-api.shiphero.com/auth/token"

Hi @Devin_Mabra
I apologize for the delay on my response. Are you still having issues with this?

Hi @tomasw It seems to be returning the following: {“message”: “Your account has been blocked after multiple consecutive login attempts. We’ve sent you an email with instructions on how to unblock it.”} But not receiving an email to unblock it.

Hi @Devin_Mabra!
Do you have the email you use to log in? I can try to unblock that for you

It is dan@famehouse.net Thanks!

@Devin_Mabra user should be unblocked now, let me know if you still have trouble accessing the API

Thanks @tomasw seem to be getting the previous error now {“message”: “Wrong email or password.”}. This can’t be right, as I made sure it was the same one used to log into app.shiphero.com. The dan@famehouse.net account.

Hi @Devin_Mabra
I apologize once again, we were not able to find the error.
Please try now and let me know if now it works

That worked. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi @tomasw, looks like this is happening again with our staging account. username dan.conway@umusic.com. Keep getting a wrong email password error, even though they are correct. Are you able to re-set?

Hi @Devin_Mabra
Do you still see the error? I consulted with our engineering team and that user seems to be OK
Maybe you changed password recently?
Thanks in advance!
Tom

I have the same error
I can log in to the UI dashboard using my email address and password, but I cannot get tokens using curl
I could get this earlier, but now I always get {“message”: “Wrong email address or password.”}.

In the dashboard, I created a new user and using his email address / password, I can get tokens …

Hi @Artem.z
Do you changed password recently for that user?
Also, could you provide the email of the user having trouble?
Thanks in advance!
Tom

I am having this issue as well - getting: {“message”: “Your account has been blocked after multiple consecutive login attempts. We’ve sent you an email with instructions on how to unblock it.”}

Would you be able to unblock the account under my email?

Hi @mattraj
Were you able to follow the instructions over email?
Thanks in advance!
Tom

@tomasw I did not receive an email with any instructions - what steps do I need to take?

Hi @mattraj
You should be good now, let me know if you still have trouble with this
Thanks!
Tom

Hi @tomasw - thanks for unblocking.

I now get the error message: {“message”: “Wrong email or password.”}

I changed my password yesterday - do you have any sense of how long it will take to work?

Issue should be fixed now @mattraj
Thanks for clarifying that, there seems to be an error when updating passwords, we will work on fixing that in the long term, but for now we manually fixed yours.
Thanks again for the patience