Customs value on shipping label doesn't match

Hello,

I am trying to pass a customs value through the api to use on our international shipments. I am able to successfully post an order with the value listed for each item, and when I query the order everything looks correct. The problem is that on the shipping labels with the customs information listed, the values are the values that are specified in the products module. Due to this issue, customs has started rejecting the shipments and sending them back to our warehouse.

Can I please get some help with this?

I also just realized that the weight of every item on the customs form is 1 lb, 5oz. This doesn’t match the weight specified on each item in the products module.

Hello @claspell11!

Let me look further into this.

Can you share with me an order with which you are experiencing this?
Please send me the order ID, which is the number you can see in the URL when you are on the order details page.

Have a great day!
TomasFD

The order ID is 262289725

Hello @claspell11!

Thanks for sharing the order number. We will look into it and let you know as soon as we have an update.

Have a great day!
TomasFD

Hello!

Is there any update on this?

Thank you!
Jeremiah

Hello @claspell11!

I will check with the engineering team and let you know.

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hello,

This has been open for several months, has there been any progress?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Hello @claspell11,

It should be fixed now, could you confirm if now customs docs are being generated correctly?

Otherwise, could you please share new cases?

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hello TomasFD,

It looks like we are still having trouble passing the customs value for each item through the api. The behavior has changed however, before when preforming a query through the api I could see the values that I had passed even though the UI and shipping label were different, whereas now the query will list each item’s customs value as $0 and the UI and shipping labels will continue to use the values set in the products module.

Here are some IDs:

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Hey @claspell11,

Just wanted to let you know I’m looking into this now.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP

Hello RayanP,

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Hey @claspell11,

Apologies for the delay. I’ll have an update for you shortly!

Best,
RayanP

Hello Rayanp,

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Hey @claspell11,

Apologies for the late update. There is an Engineering Ticket created for this issue, I’ll give it a bump.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist in the meantime.

Best,
RayanP