Generate Label Webhook

Hello,

We are a cross border logistics partner for ShipHero and are building out the Generate Label Webhook for merchants fulfilling international orders via ShipHero. At this point, we have built the webhook callback based on the payload/contract from the documentation page - https://developer.shiphero.com/webhooks#generate-label-webhook. We need to be able to test this out, how do we get ShipHero to trigger our URL so we can do an end to end test?

Thanks,
Sherwyn

Hi @FlavorCloudTeam !
Have you already registered the webhook?

In that case you can use the app to try and ship any order, if you select your method then it should trigger the webhook.

Let me know if I could explain better or there is anything else I could help with.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Tom,

Thanks for looking into this. Can you point me to how I would go about registering the webhook?

Thanks,
Sherwyn

Hi @FlavorCloudTeam!
Absolutely!, you should contact us at support@shiphero.com with the following information:

And we set that for you
Let me know if there is anything else I could help you with!
Tom

Thanks Tom. I have reached out to support with the requested information and waiting on them to activate.

Sherwyn

Hi FlaborCloudTeam,

Did you manage to get this done?
We’ve also registered a Create Label Webhook but the payload the webhook posting is empty.
We can see it in the Shipping Methods list, so it looks like it is registered. But whenever we try to test (i.e ship an order by clicking Print Labels button; our API is hit with an empty payload. The promised payload in the documentation is not posted.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @youparcel!
Were you able to make it work? (Ref: How to add a manual shipping option through Webhooks )
Let me know if you still need us to change that name for you
As for the X-Shiphero-HMAC-SHA256 you won’t see it as it is not implemented for the Generate Label Webhook URL

Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, it worked. But will you fix HMAC issue?

Hi @youparcel!
We do not send the HMAC header for this webhook, but I can make it as a feature request if you need it.
Let me know if that is OK and I will add a +1 to this feature request: Label Webhook Authentication
Thanks again!
Tom

We don’t specifically need it; but when thinking about it, it looks like there should be a standard in all types of requests your system calls.

That’s why I am asking.

Absolutely @youparcel
Let me just add a +1 on the request for our engineers to review it.
I will let you know as soon as I have a response back about this.
Thanks again!
Tom

Hi @youparcel!
You should be able to see the x-shiphero-hmac-sha256 on the header of the webhook now.
Thanks again for the patience and please let me know if there is anything else I could help with,
Tom

Thanks. Will check and verify.