How can I get average time to dispatch?

Hey there, I know there isn’t a query that will allow me to pull that average time to dispatch as displayed in the PostHero dashboard, but is there any way I can query other items for let’s say a given day or week that will give me enough information to calculate that on my end? I assume I’d start with Created Date from an order or shipment to start the time but what other datapoint could I use that indicates the shipment/order has been dispatched to stop that time?

Hello @Metrelli!

You could use order.order_date to find out when to start counting, as you said.

Then shipments.created_at or shipments.shipping_labels.created_date will return when the shipment/label was created. Though, if the order has allow partial enabled and it is partially shipped, it won’t be complete. You can filter shipments by order_id

To accomplish that last part, you can also check our Shipment Update Webhook (Webhooks – Developer Resources | ShipHero).

Other queries that might be handy are packs_per_day and picks_per_day. They both show who and when and the order ID. Both can be filtered by date, but only the latter can be filtered by order_id.

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Thank you @tomasfd!

So this is how shiphero calculates it as well to provide that number on the dashboard? Ending with the date the label is created?

Hello @Metrelli!

Unfortunately, at the moment, we are not providing access to all of that data through our public-API.

What I shared with you was the lifecycle of an order inside ShipHero, PosHero also has information from the carriers’ updates.

The span of time between the order date and the shipping label create date would be the time from ordered to ready in PostHero.

Kind regards,
TomasFD