How to get all totes

Hi there,

I’m trying to get tote information based upon a order_line_item barcode, but I’m getting null in my response. Am I doing something wrong?

Here’s the request I made: 654cf9791489a209562862e5.

We’re looking to create a table on our end called tote, which would contain the tote’s “id”, “name”, and associated “warehouse_id”. Are there any recommendations on how to get this data from the GraphQL API?

All the best,
Colin

Hey @cschouten,

Thanks for reaching out!
I’ll take a look at this inquiry and get back to you.

Please let me know If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime.

Best,
RayanP

Hey @cschouten,

Thanks for hanging in there!

We’re still investigating this issue, but I wanted to confirm something. Are you looking to build a table with the complete list of totes? Or just totes that have current picks?

Best,
RayanP

We’re looking to build a table with the complete list of totes.

All the best,
Colin

1 Like

Hey @cschouten,

I wanted to provide you with a quick update here.

I believe the barcode needed in the tote query is that specific tote’s barcode. We want to see if this information is attainable via the Public API.

It is possible to get all of the tote barcodes from the webpage via CSV if that option works for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

Hi @sh-agent,

I did try what you suggested in getting the tote information from the tote_history query, but even when using a recent barcode, the query didn’t return any data.

Here’s the request I made last week: 654cf9791489a209562862e5 .

I’m afraid that CSV option doesn’t work for us. It’s just not scalable for our use case; we’d have to download the CSV every time we add a new location or tote rack.

Is there a programmatic way for us to get the aforementioned data?

All the best,
Colin

Hey @cschouten,

I believe the tote query will only return information if a line_item is currently in the tote.
Aside from the CSV, there isn’t any way to get the tote barcodes in bulk.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP