Merged orders via API

Hello guys,

The only way to see which orders are merged together is to request order_history fields from orders query but that eats quite a lot of credits and is also quite difficult to parse. Are there any plans to expose a different field or even a different query where it would be possible to see which orders have been merged together? Webhooks for this would also be good :slight_smile:

Regards,
Darius

Hi @Darius_VikingC!
Right, at the moment that is the only way. I just submitted a Feature Request for that to be added to the order query, something like this:

query {
  order(id: "154713804") {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      id
      legacy_id
      merged_orders {
        id
        master
      }
    }
  }
}

That way it exposed the id of the other order and if its the master order or not
Let me know if that won’t work for you.
I will let you know as soon as I have an update about it.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi @tomasw

that would be perfect, thank you!

Regards,
Darius

Hi @tomasw

Is there an ETA to this? Would love to get merged orders easily.

1 Like

It is in the queue, I will check with engineering.

We are also looking forward for this feature.

1 Like

We are also looking forward to this feature. It makes it difficult to fulfill the child record of the merged order. Even adding a different tag to the child record would be a step in the right direction.

This has been implemented. You can access the merged order and if that merged order is the master or not. It is available in the order as well as the orders query. Here is an example using the order query

query {
  order(id: "[orderid-here]") {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      shop_name
      merged_orders {
        order_id
        is_master
      }
    }
  }
}
2 Likes

This has made a massive difference thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Hello,

Is there any chance this will be added to the Shipments Query or the Shipments Webhook?

It would be nice if the fulfillment information arrived with the fulfillment information.

Thanks!

Hi Ed,
What you can do is access the order information via the shipment:with a query along these lines

query {
  shipment(id:"XXshipment id here XX") {
    request_id
    data {
      order {
        order_number
        merged_orders {
          order_id
          is_master
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Hi Theresa,

I see that works, but it is so expensive if you call the rest of the shipping information you need to actually fulfill an order in a 3rd-party system (Like Netsuite). Why isn’t the merged order data on the parent records shipping details? The API already duplicates the shipping label for each merged order when you call shipping_labels on the parent order. It would be nice if the merged orders were specified on a shipment they are being fulfilled in?

Thanks,

Ed

I see your reasoning. I can put it in for consideration.

Hi Ed,
What your saying is that even tho the orders are merged, they are showing as two completely different orders with things like the identical address, duplicated. You would like to see more of the duplicated data only once when orders are merged, correct?

Hi Theresa,

I am just asking for merged orders to appear somewhere on the standard ways to get shipment information like the Shipment Update Webhook, or the Shipments query. Or the shipment report on https://shipping.shiphero.com/shipments-report/ , or another report? Even tagging the child records would be fine like you do when the parent records.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed

Thanks for clarifying that!. It is correct, at the moment we don’t include that information on the Shipment Update Webhook. By design, we send one webhook per Order

The only way of knowing that at the moment is with the Shipment ID. Two orders with the Shipment ID mean that they were sent on one Shipment.

We could log a feature request for the Merged order information to display on the order, but it will need to be reviewed by our product team to evaluate if we could change the way the webhook works at the moment.

Let us know if that would work and we will post the request.

Thanks again for the patience!
Tom

1 Like

Hi Ed!

You would only need the other Merged Order ID, is that correct?
Or would you like other information available.

Thanks again!
Tom