Merge Order Question

Hi
For merge order, i notice that the master order will be two shipment Label created with the same tracking number. For the other order, the shipment data is not visible. So i only can see that it is fulfilled, unless i go to the history.

Is this a bug ?

Regards
Ryan

Hi @RyanL!
That is correct, the shipment will be logged to the Master order.
We are working on adding the merged order list on the order Query, something like this:

query {
  order(id: "154713804") {
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      id
      legacy_id
      merged_orders {
        id
        master
      }
    }
  }
} 

Which will allow you to see if the order has been merged into another one.
Let me know if this doesn’t help.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi @tomasw
I saw this reply to Darius as well.
One question is that why there is two Shipment Label ID created for the same tracking number in the merged master order for one label created only?

Regards
Ryan

Thanks for that explanation @RyanL! I see what you mean now, sorry for that

That would be because of how the data is stored in our Database for merged orders, this is:

When you ship a merged order you generate 1 shipment, but that shipment generates two records of the shipping label, one for each order.

A way to understand this easily is if you try this Query with the Shipment ID.

query{
  shipment(id: "87800338"){
    request_id
    complexity
    data {
      shipping_labels {
        order {
          id
          legacy_id
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

You should be able to get 1 Shipment, but 2 Shipping label IDs (as you mentioned).

I will bring this up to see if we can arrange this to be more intuitive on how we return the data.

Thanks again and please let me know if I still got that wrong!
Tom

HI @tomasw

I understand your point on 1 merged order having one shipment, and generate two records of shipping label. But since the other label is empty, when we query what’s in the content, why do we still need it?
Is it for the physical label ?
Yes you got my point. Thanks.

Regards
Ryan