Orders query timing out with multiple paramaters

This request returns a result in less than 1 sec:

{orders(fulfillment_status:“unfulfilled”) {complexity request_id data(first:1) {pageInfo {hasNextPage hasPreviousPage startCursor endCursor}edges {node {id partner_order_id order_number shop_name account_id}}}}}

This request does not get a response and eventually times out:

{orders(fulfillment_status:“unfulfilled” order_date_from:“2021-07-19” ) {complexity request_id data(first:1) {pageInfo {hasNextPage hasPreviousPage startCursor endCursor}edges {node {id partner_order_id order_number shop_name account_id}}}}}

Should we be able to specify both ‘fulfillment_status’ and ‘order_date_from’ as parameters in the same query? If so, why would my above example cause the server to not return a response?

Hey @bbarrett.

Thanks for reaching out! I’m going to investigate this and get back to you.
In the meantime, could you send the request id for the queries if available?

Best,
RayanP

Sorry. I do not have a request ID. Regardless, I am expecting you will be able to reproduce this. Unfortunately I have to move on and design around this. Hopefully you can get it working because otherwise I have to waste API credits returning orders I do not need. This makes my applications slower, wastes API credits, and makes your server busier than it needs to be.

Hey @bbarrett!

You are able to filter by both fulfillment_status and order_date_from. Did you mean to input: order_date_from:"2021-07-19 instead of order_date_from:"2022-07-19"?

I believe you’re running into the time out error because there are too many orders to go through within the past year without setting an order_date_to filter.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP