Problem updating images using product_update

Hi

There is a problem if you want to update images using product_update. Instead of replacing the existing images, it appends the new image array to the existing array.

That itself is a problem when you need to change all images because our images is getting a new path.

Another problem (or perhaps a question). I can’t find a way to delete/remove images from a product. I have tried setting images to null and an empty array. Null creates an error and the empty array has no effect - because it appends the array and not replaces, as you would expect.

Please help.

Hello @Webtimisten!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I will investigate this further, but with your detailed description, I think I have enough information. However, if you happen to have request IDs or at least involved SKUs, that would be great!

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hello @Webtimisten!

These were my finds:

1. Contrary to what happens with tags, sending an empty array does not clear the array. I will create a feature request for this case.

2. When I add an image to a position that already has an image, I get 2 images in the same position instead of the second one replacing the first or pushing it a position. I don’t have an SKU from your account to ensure this is the same thing you are experiencing. If you can confirm or share an SKU, that would be great. I will treat this as a Bug and send it to our engineering team.

3. Non-empty array not replacing the “existing” array. This is expected but brings us back to 1 and 2.

Please let me know if I left something out or if you have further questions.

Have a great day,
TomasFD