Problem updating images using product_update

Hi

There is a problem if you want to update images using product_update. Instead of replacing the existing images, it appends the new image array to the existing array.

That itself is a problem when you need to change all images because our images is getting a new path.

Another problem (or perhaps a question). I can’t find a way to delete/remove images from a product. I have tried setting images to null and an empty array. Null creates an error and the empty array has no effect - because it appends the array and not replaces, as you would expect.

Please help.

Hello @Webtimisten!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I will investigate this further, but with your detailed description, I think I have enough information. However, if you happen to have request IDs or at least involved SKUs, that would be great!

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hello @Webtimisten!

These were my finds:

1. Contrary to what happens with tags, sending an empty array does not clear the array. I will create a feature request for this case.

2. When I add an image to a position that already has an image, I get 2 images in the same position instead of the second one replacing the first or pushing it a position. I don’t have an SKU from your account to ensure this is the same thing you are experiencing. If you can confirm or share an SKU, that would be great. I will treat this as a Bug and send it to our engineering team.

3. Non-empty array not replacing the “existing” array. This is expected but brings us back to 1 and 2.

Please let me know if I left something out or if you have further questions.

Have a great day,
TomasFD

Hi all,

Any update on this? Just updated a bunch of images and it appended instead of replacing. Is there any way to replace images?

Thanks!

Hi

I can see that I didn’t reply on this issue. It would be nice to both be able to replace an image on a position and set images to an empty array or null, in order to remove all images from a product.

When can you make that work?

Ping.

Is there a solution for the issue?

Hey @Webtimisten,

I’ll look into this and get back to you shortly.

Best,
RayanP

Hey @Webtimisten,

Thanks for hanging in there!

I’ve bumped both issues and am looking forward to updating you shortly. To recap the first issue is the bug where two images can share the same position. The second being the feedback regarding clearing or removing images.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

Hi RayanP

It’s exactly the two features we need.

When will that be implemented?

Best regards
Benjamin

Hey @Webtimisten,

Thanks for hanging in there!

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for the two issues. I have relayed your concerns and am looking forward to updating you as soon as I can.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist in the meantime.

Best,
RayanP