Product API returns non-existing product

Hello,

Some SKUs do not exists anymore in ShipHero, but API still shows that products are active, so we are not able to detect removed products.

When user tries to search SKU in ShipHero, then it’s not there. But if query product by SKU via API, then is shows that product exists and active. Is this some issue with API? Example of request ID 6274d23c6bc30f2ade7833d2.

Thank you

Hello @sb2020!

What process did you use to delete those products?

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Sorry for delay. Products were removed using Bulk Delete function in ShipHero by going to the product screen, selecting a checkbox at the front of a SKU, and then clicking Bulk Delete. Here is one more example of request ID that returns SKU not visibke in ShipHero: 62f37e155322026d9998bd93.

@tomasfd Could please take a look at this issue? We have one more client with the same problem, here is one more example of request ID that returns SKU not visibke in ShipHero: 62fa5314e9b1605f64b76272.

Hey @sb2020,

I’m currently investigating this issue. I’ll have an update for you soon.

Best,
RayanP

Hey @sb2020,

I wasn’t able to reproduce your issue, however I was able to find a fix for it.

If you run into any problem SKU’s such as “Bp_ScendidocciaPerla_Prealpi_40x60” you can delete them using the Public API and it should solve your issue. I used this mutation here:
mutation { product_delete(data: { sku: "Bp_ScendidocciaPerla_Prealpi_40x60" }) { request_id complexity } }

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP

Thank you @Rayanp. But this solution does not work for us. We have a lot of clients who connect ShipHero accounts to our application, and each account may have many deleted SKUs, it’s not feasible for us to find and delete each problem SKU separately. We need some way to automatically detect deleted SKUs. Is it possible to fix API so that it does not return products which were deleted in ShipHero?

Hey @sb2020,

Wanted to let you know that we’re still looking into this issue. We still haven’t been able to reproduce this issue on our end. This problem is related more so to the bulk delete not clearing out the product data table in our DB compared to the API.

Best,
RayanP