`virtual` unavailable for update?

Hi @tomasw ,

It looks like the virtual attribute on products is available for retrieval, but not for update. Is this something that can be added?

Thanks!

@tomasw

Just following up on this.

As a little more background, we are currently essentially implementing this by faking high quantity counts for specific products. It’s obviously messy (especially when combined with fulfillment latency updates to Amazon), so being able to mark these items as virtual would be exceptional (and reduce our load on your servers!).

Hi @david!
I apologize for the delayed response about this!

So the request would be to add this field both to the product_create Mutation and the product_update mutation, right?

Thanks in advance!
Tom

Hi @tomasw ,

Yes, having it for both product_create and product_update would be ideal, but as long as we have it for product_update we can always get something into the correct state.

Thanks!
David

Sounds like a plan @david!
We did have that on our radar to be added. I will see if I can raise the priority and get it moving.
Thanks for confirming. We will let you know as soon as we have an update about it
Thanks again!
Tom

Hi @tomasw ,

I’m assuming that no news means…well, no news, but figured I’d check in to see if you have any more info on when virtual might be a writeable field. Thanks!

Hi @tomasw

Just curious if there is any ETA on this yet. Thanks!

@tomasw @Theresa

Would you please provide an update as to when we can expect this field to be available?

Hi @david!
Our apologies for the delayed response/update about this.
This has been treated as a feature request, and unfortunately, we are a bit behind in making it happen. Let me see if we can push up the priority and get it to happen soon.
I will let you know once I get a response about this
Thanks again for the patience!
Tom

Hi @david!
Our apologies for the delayed resolution of this, but we wanted to let you know that this mutation should be updated with the virtual flag now.

This would be:

mutation {
  product_create(
    data: {
      name: "Item Test"
      sku: "virtual1234"
      price: "23.00"
      warehouse_products: { warehouse_id: "someID", on_hand: 0 }
      virtual: true
    }
  ) {
    request_id
    complexity
    product {
      id
    }
  }
}

Thanks again for the patience while we implemented this!
Tom

Hi @tomasw

I just wanted to check to see if the virtual flag is working correctly with Amazon.

For SKU 003003B (id 311909878), we changed virtual to True at 08/24/2021 09:24 AM and then updated the inventory on hand from 10,000 to 0 at 08/24/2021 10:13:16 AM. At 10:31AM we observed in the Amazon dashboard that the quantity had changed to 0, not 9999999 as we would have expected.

I’m going to run a few more tests, but figured I’d check with you in case there are known limitations or bugs.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @tomasw

I still believe this is not working (specifically for Amazon, though maybe others). Specifically, the logic maybe be backwards.

For example, our SKU ED21860-SND is currently set to Is Virtual: No and is out of stock, but ShipHero has set the inventory quantity to 9999999 in Amazon. Inversely, SKU BA4865-90 has Is Virtual set to Yes, is out of stock, and Amazon is showing an inventory level of 0.

Can you confirm that quantities that were sent to Amazon from ShipHero?

1 Like

Yes, those are the quantities. When was “is virtual” changed for ED21860-SND? Are there other skus designated virtual: no that are showing the same thing?