BUG: Box_name field incorrect in orders and packs_per_day queries

Hello! I’m just finding out today that many shipments that I’ve pulled via the API have incorrect values in the “box_name” field. This includes results for both the “orders” query and the “packs_per_day” query.

Using the orders query as an example, when I send this query:

query {
  orders(
    order_number: "S1412756"
  ) {
    request_id
    complexity
    data (first: 1) {
      pageInfo {
        hasNextPage
        endCursor
      }
      edges {
        cursor
        node {
        
          order_number
          box_name
          
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

I get back this result:

{
	"data": {
		"orders": {
			"request_id": "61e1e30eff5e40218b616315",
			"complexity": 2,
			"data": {
				"pageInfo": {
					"hasNextPage": false,
					"endCursor": "YXJyYXljb25uZWN0aW9uOjA="
				},
				"edges": [
					{
						"cursor": "YXJyYXljb25uZWN0aW9uOjA=",
						"node": {
							"order_number": "S1412756",
							"box_name": "Flat Rate Envelope"
						}
					}
				]
			}
		}
	}
}

But if I look at the same order in the ShipHero “Shipments Report” in the UI, it shows that the box_name is actually “9x7x4”. This is not an isolated incident. Thousands of our orders going back at least through the middle of December have incorrect “box_name” data coming from the API.

Looking at the spread of the API data versus the UI data, we suspect that the default box type selection that comes up when the package is being shipped is being reported via the API, but a separate field with the correct box selected during the shipping process is being reported via the UI. (especially because I can pull both versions “right now”)

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more examples. Like I said, I have thousands.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Hello @jeremyw!

No need for further explanation. You’ve been thorough!

I will run some tests and forward this to the engineering team if needed.

Have a great day!

TomasFD

1 Like

Oops! I left one point kind of half open by accident. I meant to say that this has been going on since at least December 13 or so. That’s how long I’ve been using the API to get that info, but I only found out today because of a report I compiled about our box usage over the last month so we could get more on order.

Thanks for your help, Tomas!