Google Sheets+Return Status

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get a webhook going with Google Sheets or Airtable that would populate a sheet/table with certain data such as RMA/order number/status specifically for returns, but update/refresh it at predetermined times.

Cheers,
Ryan

2 Likes

Hey Ryan!

With GraphQL it should be possible to poll for the return data, and webhooks should give you notifications for updated returns. With the two you should be able to monitor for updated returns and then fetch the information. Without a webhook you could still query the data at regular intervals.

With a webhook only you may be able to get all of the information you need using an intermediary service like Zapier, I’m not sure what the webhook provides for data or what data you need though.

I’d like to do the same for orders and shipments, returns would be good too. If others read this and have good advice I look forward to the discussion.

Thank you!

-Sid

1 Like

Hey Sid,

I do apologize, I don’t think I explained it properly. Allow me to clarify.

In a Google Sheet, I have our returns data imported from a CSV file that was exported from ShipHero (Export All Rows). With that, I am looking to set it up so that the sheet is refreshed at prescribed times. Would that be possible?

1 Like

Hey @ryan!

My apologies really, I’m a ShipHero customer too but I thought I could help you get started on the right path. I’m also working with Google Sheets and getting data from the ShipHero API, so I was interested in your post and I’m still interested to see whether we get a response from @tomasw or someone on the ShipHero team :slight_smile:

Thank you!

-Sid

2 Likes

Hey @ryan !
Sorry for the delay in my response here.
I do think @originsid ’s idea is great for what you are looking for, but maybe I’m also not understanding the request.
Are you looking for ShipHero to update the google sheet? For this, you will need some intermediary service as @originsid mentioned.
We would only send the webhook for this, or we can respond to a request to our API

I do apologize for not having posted since, however, it seems the company I work for will no longer be looking for a solution as they decided to take a different route. Again, my apologies for not posting sooner.

1 Like

Hi Sid,

I am currently struggling with Google Sheets <> API. I was curious if we could compare notes? I am able to get a chunk of data, but it only parses on a single line in Sheets and I can’t get the path to the array right