Inventory Snapshot Stuck at Enqueued

@tomasw

We are experiencing what I believe is the same issue. We have a snapshot stuck though since March 2021 but when we try to abort it just says the following which has been preventing us from generating a new inventory snapshot since then.

{
“errors”: [
{
“message”: “Snapshot XXXXXXXXXid already in process”,
“operation”: “inventory_abort_snapshot”,
“field”: “inventory_abort_snapshot”,
“request_id”: “609df1af3e15f80028cd8f05”,
“code”: 9
}
],
“data”: {
“inventory_abort_snapshot”: null
}
}

This is a major issue for us since it is preventing us from generating any inventory snapshots and severely disrupting our workflow.

Hi @atlatin

Thanks for reaching out!

Try by aborting the one on progress, with a Mutation like this one:

mutation {
  inventory_abort_snapshot(data: { snapshot_id: "XXXXXXXXXid", reason: "Some Reason" }) {
    request_id
    complexity
  }
}

And after this, you can generate a new one. Please let us know if that doesn’t work
Thanks in advance!
Tom

@tomasw
Unfortunately it doesn’t work. That is what we are trying when we get the error shown in my previous post.

I did retry again as well by copying and pasting what you wrong and changing the Snapshot ID to the correct one and it is giving the same error still and not letting us abort.

If helpful, the latest request_id is below:
“request_id”: “609ea37812275c5587901a77”,

@tomasw Is there any update on the above? We really need to get this stuck one aborted so we can do inventory snapshots.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @atlatin!
I apologize for the late response on this.
We are currently investigating and will provide an update asap :pray:
I’ll keep you in the loop

Hi @atlatin!
The snapshot ID 603edcafbc0d1ced1b8a3990 should be aborted now.
Give it another try and let me know if you still have trouble with that.
Thanks again!
Tom

1 Like

@tomasw

That seems to have fixed the stuck snapshot ID, but now when we go to generate a new snapshot and then access the link for it, we get the following error:

AccessDenied

Access Denied

F84VZQ1EH6B6461W

J5usQiFQFuuLhFbAffgxVDX+CfE1Qvl+xM6XUr+MHuOGabDgf9J+iFVjF5PB0F7AL0/i5nwd7/Y=

We tried then using the URL with the AWS AccessKey included but then it shows “products”: {}, “warehouses_searched”: 0

We have also confirmed the warehouse_id but it still says 0 afterwards.

Here is the latest request_id: “request_id”: “60a7cca99f6867a379482874”. We tried this one with “warehouse_id” entered for our main warehouse. We prefer not to use a warehouse_id since we want the inventory snapshot to include everything, but regardless it still gives the same issue whether the warehouse_id is entered or not, where the snapshot shows:

“snapshot_started_at”: “2021-05-21T15-07-21+00:00”, “products”: {}, “warehouses_searched”: 0, “snapshot_finished_at”: “2021-05-21T15-07-22+00:00”}

Hi @atlatin!

Let me get back to the team about this and provide an update asap.
In the meantime try including customer_account_id like:

mutation {
  inventory_generate_snapshot(
    data: {
      notification_email: "someEmail@shiphero.com"
      customer_account_id:"QWNjb31o2NjE2"
    }
  ) {
    request_id
    complexity
    snapshot {
      snapshot_id
      job_user_id
      job_account_id
      warehouse_id
      customer_account_id
      notification_email
      email_error
      post_url
      post_error
      post_url_pre_check
      status
      error
      created_at
      enqueued_at
      updated_at
      snapshot_url
      snapshot_expiration
    }
  }
}

That should return the values for that customer account id
I will let you know as soon as I have a response back about this.
Thanks again for the patience!
Tom

@tomasw When we include the “customer_account_id” then it seems to work now but that breaks our use for this feature since we need it to check the entire warehouse / every customer. This was working fine until that snapshot that got stuck and had to be aborted mentioned above.

@tomasw Just wanted to check if you had any update on this so that we can get it working again for our entire warehouse instead of per client account?

Hi @atlatin!
Our apologies for the delayed response. We have been dealing with some issues regarding the Inventory Snapshot recently but it should be fixed by now (and you should be able to see data if you omit the customer_account_id now)
Please let us know if there is anything else we could help with!
Thanks again for the patience!
Tom

1 Like

Hi @tomasw,

our inventory snapshot is stuck again. I tried to abort old inventory snapshot but new one is not being processed. It’s enqueued for a really long time. Can you please review?

Thank you,

Tomas

Hi @ellatech!
Thanks for reporting this. Do you happen to have a snapshot id for the one stuck?

Thanks in advance!
Tom

@tomasw 60f6f3184982e3e3300fa81d

I aborted all previous ones so this is recent but still causing issues.

Hi @tomasw , ours is also stuck this morning. id: 60f5cbb0d385f7c569ab9f12

Thanks @ellatech @bshap27 !
We have our engineers reviewing this and we will provide an update as soon as they are able to find anything

Hi @tomasw do we have any update on this?

Also looking for an update. I cancelled the original snapshot and requested a new one, which is also still stuck in enqueued. 60f712ebb8207ddbcf96227f

@tomasw I just cancelled the blocked snapshot 60f7163bdcbac5922977a5d4 and re-run which was successful. What was the issue?

Ours is stuck as well.

Request ID: 60fa87288c98817f81e94346

We were able to manually abort it this time, but not sure what caused this to happen.