Legacy API Deprecation

Hi @Csraspini!
If an account still has a Magento 1 store connected, we won’t be touching the Magento 1 endpoints as they are not part of the public API…so whatever is there now will stay. We do suggest moving to Magento to by the end of June though.
And as for moving the deprecation date I don’t think that is going to be possible, but again, if there is anything I can help you with queries and mutations I’ll be happy to.
Thanks again for the patience on this,
Tom

Hi Tom.
We are ShipHero clients as of 2017.
We too are on a Magento 1 store and will be updating to Magento 2 no sooner than March of 2021.
So, my question is this: can we continue to use ShipHero until then? Is it 100% certain that no API endpoints for Magento 1 will change between now and REST deprecation? After September 2020, when REST will be removed completely, you are confirming that Magento 1 (which uses REST) will continue to work?
It is imperative for us that we have a certain answer, because we cannot afford for our store to stop synching come September.
I look forward to your reply, thank you.
Mike

1 Like

@tomasw

Do you also have an ETA on when the GraphQL api will support all of the basic operations that the REST API currently does? We have an open ticket about basic things like an inability to update barcodes via GraphQL. It seems that this would be part of baseline functionality before deprecation.

This was raised publicly on the forum on Feb. 1 with no updates from ShipHero’s side since March 18.

Hi @david
Yes you are absolutely right about this, and I apologize for the delay. In these days I’ll be escalating any request regarding missing functionalities on GraphQL vs REST API.
I will keep you updated.
Again, thank you very much for your patience with this

Hi @alex29next @originsid @williamw
I just wanted to provide an update on your request about the Third-Party Developer authentication.
We have a new feature that will allow you to get just the tokens from your client’s account without username and password.
More info here: Adding a Third-Party Developer user
Or also a video of how it works here: https://developer.shiphero.com/getting-started/#authentication
Thanks again for your patience!
Tom

1 Like

Hi @tomasw

Thank you for your reply. Moving to Magento within the end of June isn’t even close to possible… but I do appreciate that the endpoints aren’t going anywhere. Does that mean that we can keep using Magento with its REST endpoints even after the deprecation and removal dates?

Hi @tomasw

Just wanted to check in and see if you had a reply for me on my previous question, quoted here below.
Look forward to hearing from you!

Mike

Hi Tom.
We are ShipHero clients as of 2017.
We too are on a Magento 1 store and will be updating to Magento 2 no sooner than March of 2021.
So, my question is this: can we continue to use ShipHero until then? Is it 100% certain that no API endpoints for Magento 1 will change between now and REST deprecation? After September 2020, when REST will be removed completely, you are confirming that Magento 1 (which uses REST) will continue to work?
It is imperative for us that we have a certain answer, because we cannot afford for our store to stop synching come September.
I look forward to your reply, thank you.
Mike

Hi @Mike @Csraspini
So if the store is connected on https://app.shiphero.com/dashboard/stores it should not be affected, however, if you made some customized connections, that consume our REST API, those ones will probably be affected by this change.
Let me know if that still doesn’t answer your question,
Thanks again!
Tom

Hi @tomasw

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, our store is connected on https://app.shiphero.com/dashboard/stores.
We are happy and relieved to hear that it won’t be affected.

We do use one custom api function, specifically the “generate shipping label” webhook.
From the earlier messages on this forum, I see that webhooks are not yet on GraphQL and that there is no ETA on this yet. Would it be possible to know how much notice we will have when it will be necessary to switch over?

Best,
Mike

Hi @WSCOM
As for the webhooks we don’t have it planned yet, not even a ETA, so I can’t really know about it. I’ll make sure we provide a reasonable amount of time when we do, based on the requirements and the complexity that the change will have.
Thanks again for your patience!
Tom

Hi @yosef,

Is anticipated date for deprecation still July, 31st 2020?

At the moment GraphQL API does not provide some fields available in legacy API:

• it’s not possible to get ‘virtual’ and ‘active’ flags for products
  • it’s not possible to get bundle components quantities

Any plans to add these missing fields in GraphQL API before deprecating legacy API. Is there any ETA for this?

Thank you

Hi @sb2020 !
Absolutely, we are working on adding those (with a few others) right now. We don’t have an ETA but they will be available before deprecation. I will keep you posted on the updates asap.

As for the deprecation date it has been moved, the new one is:

Rest API update: Support and SLA ending 07/31. We will be REMOVING the API on 09/01.

Is 9/1 still the final day of the old API being active?

Bumping this. Having issues with credits and the shipments query, because we sometimes have over 500 line items sent, and we’re not able to do inner pagination arguments.

1 Like

Hi @ZZtop @Orion
That is correct We will be REMOVING the API on 09/01. there haven’t been any changes on that date.
Thanks again!
Tom