MWA rules for backordered SKUs

Assume I have two warehouses set up - Warehouse A and Warehouse B. I am reaching our to better understand how MWA rules would work. If I set up MWA rules such that

1. Assign warehouse to line item wherever inventory is available for the particular SKU in an order.
  2. For backordered line items/SKUs, assign Warehouse B (default warehouse)

Discussion Scenario:

1. An order with SKU ‘ABC’ is placed. No inventory is physical available in any warehouse so the Warehouse B will get assigned to SKU.
  2. Now the inventory is received in Warehouse A.
  3. Question: Will Shiphero reassign warehouse on the pending order with SKU ‘ABC’ and assign Warehouse A to this SKU now (because inventory is received there)?
  4. Question: How does the shiphero system react to when inventory is received in Warehouse A, and a new Order is created for the same SKU? Would this new (second) order take the inventory in Warehouse A or would the previous Order take up this inventory?

P.S: I have attached an image of the MWA rule I have set up to mimic the warehouse assignment I have mentioned earlier (disabled for now)

Hi @ksmlaam

Welcome to the community!

Your questions relate to the UI; we specifically handle Public API questions in this forum.

I could try to answer those, but it’ll take longer than our ShipHero team. Please click the Help button from the UI and submit these questions using that form. The team will answer that and any other questions regarding the software via the browser.

Have a nice day!