Work with Internal Shipments..?

Hi,
For the 3PL account with a client, I need to add support for inbound/outbound Internal Shipments. While on their platform these internal shipments are separate from SOs/POs, on ShipHero side should I be creating SOs/POs to account for these? Or is there a separate function that’s more suitable to this purpose?
Thank you!

Hello @raj!

Do you mean transfer orders between different warehouses?

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hey @tomasfd! Yes, pretty much - for the client they’re just moving goods from another warehouse to ours, and they book it as an internal transfer. I just want to know what’s the best way to enter it into SH.
Thank you!

Hello @Raj!

We have the transfer order functionality built into the UI, but it only works if both warehouses belong to the same account.

Could you share the Acc IDs and WH IDs, privately if you want, so that I can take a better look at this scenario?

Kind regards,
TomasFD

Hey @tomasfd, I see, and that’s good to know. Though the other warehouse is not on SH (it’s the client’s own warehouse probably). So given that, go with creating a PO?

Also, I needed an API way instead of UI way.
Thank you!

Hello @Raj!

That is right. If the warehouse is not in our system and you want to have a way to have control over what is being received, you should go the PO route.

Kind regards,
TomasFD