Return Update webhooks not always firing

We noticed that many of the Return Update events aren’t firing and only some are, it seems to be hit or miss. I’m expecting them to always fire on return creates and updates. Is this a known issue or is there certain return interactions that cause it to not trigger?

Hey @kolbykskk,

Thanks for reaching out!
You’re correct, the return webhook should fire upon creation and updates. Could you share an example return and at what update you noticed the webhook not firing?

If you’d like you can privately message me the information and I’ll take a look.

Best,
RayanP

Hello there, I am running into the same issue.
I created a webhook using the graphQL mutation and the webhook is registered. However there had been new returns and updates but my webhook does not fire.

Hey @szushii ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to our developer community!

Would you mind sharing an example return and at what step you noticed the return webhook not firing?
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
RayanP

Hi @sh-agent,

I have 2 things set-up to get Return Updates

1. Query all returns created in the last 7 days at 8AM everyday.
  2. Return Update webhook to listen for Return Updates.

Currently my database only gets updates when I Query all returns at 8AM, webhook have had no response. My account is 3PL.

If you want an example, RMA# 3744511 was “pending” on 9/16/2022 12:30am, today it is “warehouse complete”, but no webhooks fired between these days.

My webhook ID: QXBpV2ViaG9vazo1NzM0ODE5
Hopefully you can look that up based on the ID.

Hey @szushii,

Apologies for the delay.
Still looking for a solution for your issue. I don’t see any return webhooks fired for RMA # 3744511.

Will have a proper update for you shortly.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Best,
Rayan

Hey @szushii,

Thanks for hanging in there.

It turns out the return webhook needs to be in the child account only.
Could you try unregistering the return webhook that is setup in your 3PL Account and registering it in the child account.

Please let me know if that helps.

Best,
RayanP

Hi @sh-agent,

We are trying to set up a single webhook to notify us of all returns that are updated for our customers. Am I understanding correctly that the webhook can’t be set-up that way? If that’s the case we’ll try a different method.

Hey @szushii,

Unfortunately, I believe you would have to set up the return webhook in each child account for that to happen. You could have each webhook point to the same URL so you could get the updates in one place.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
RayanP

1 Like