Tote Cleared Query or Hook

Do you have any recommendations on how to know when a tote is cleared?

I know I can get the tote through the orders query but this is an expensive query. I know about order packed out webhook, which doesn’t seem to fire when a tote is cleared but only when packed out on the ship pack app. I have been using the packs per day query to build the tote and then the order packed out webhook to clear the tote. This works great except when the tote is manually cleared

My use case is related to an earlier community post regarding a query to know what is currently in a tote so we can cycle count a location while fulfilling orders. I am currently able to get a relatively real time picture of what is currently in a tote from a given location with the exception of this edge case of when a tote is manually cleared.

Thanks

Hello @nableops!

Yesterday we released a Tote Cleared Webhook.

You can check it here: Webhooks – Developer Resources | ShipHero

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Have a great day!
TomasFD

1 Like

Incredible. Thank you. I do wish it included the tote uuid but I can make this work.

@tomasfd Is this tote cleared hook live? I have it registered but doesn’t seem to be firing.

For context, here is a webhook query request id for a 3PL client with this hook registered for, 61e86005f997477cd51dbcde. It is the only webhook listed in this query for "name": "Tote Cleared",. I cleared a tote for this client and the hook did not fire.

Hello @Nabelops!

Please correct me if it seems I didn’t understand.

You created a webhook on a 3PL account, but the tote, and what happens with it, is associated with the 3PL.

In this case, the webhook will only work if created in the 3PL, as they manage it.

The webhook is not triggered at an order level but at the tote itself.

Please let me know if I wasn’t clear enough.

Have a nice day!
TomasFD

@tomasfd Makes perfect sense. Just so used to having to register all the webhooks at the client level that I did this out of habit. The tote complete and order packed out hooks are both registered under the client id.